Sunday 26 May 2013

Matte nails using a Kettle!

Recently i have been wanting to create my own Matte Nails. I haven't ventured out of the house at all recently so I decided to try a DIY! In all honesty I probably won't be doing this again. I have seen YouTube tutorials on this and for them it turned out okay but for me, not so well! I feel that the colouring is slightly uneven. However i think this is mainly down to the cheap nail polish i was using. I do not have a good quality Black so i was forced to use a bog standard one i got free with a magazine!
Anyway, here is the tutorial and enjoy my rather comical attempt at Matte nails!

You will need:

  • Base Coat

  • Top Coat (I like Black for this.)

  • A Mug 
  • A Kettle
STEP ONE.
Paint your nails with a base coat. While this is drying switch on the kettle to boil.
 STEP TWO.
                                                               Paint on the top coat. 
STEP THREE.
                         Immediately after painting one hand pour the boiling hot water into a mug.

STEP FOUR.
                       Hold you hand over the water. And for the love of god DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT PUT YOUR FINGERS IN THE WATER!!! Also, watch out for the steam, it can get pretty hot just holding your hand there. If you are not old enough please ask an adult for help. If you are having to ask yourself 'am i old enough?', you probably are not! - Sorry if this sounds patronising i just don't want someone complaining they have burnt themselves! :)
Now hold your hand there until the varnish turns matte. (You may have to pull your hand away and let the condensation drip away to see if it has turned matte yet.)
STEP FIVE.
                     Wait a minute or so to make sure it is completely dry.

And finally, you'r nails have been transformed! There is your completed matte look. :) 

Next time, well there wont be a next time... I think i am just going to purchase 'Matte Magic' by China Glaze! 
If you try this let me know how it goes! 
Have a nice day :) 

Danielle ♥ 

10 comments:

  1. omg this is brilliant, will defo be trying this out! thank you :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is genius! I need to try it! just stared following your blog :) would love if you followed back :)

    claresloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a really awesome idea, I need to give this a try sometime! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that looks so great. I really like those nails. too bad I'm SO lazy when it comes to my nails or make up ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this ace tip! Following you. Would love if you could check out my blog too. Have a good weekend!
    megansfashionaplhabet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh good tip! not gonna waste my money on a matte top coat again for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I've never seen this before! If you want an inexpensive matt coat that works, I would recommend the E.L.F one, works perfectly!

    Would love it if you could check out my blog!

    imthuyvu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. why have i only just heard about this magic?! definitely going to try this out! brilliant post

    bec X
    honeythumb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I've never heard of doing this before. I am totally going to check it out ASAP because your nails look DEADLY there! I'm in loveeeeee!

    Rachel x x
    spaceboundblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great idea! I'll try this soon! ^-^
    Nice blog, dear!

    http://www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete