Thursday 29 May 2014

Eyebrow Threading - My First Time Experience!

I have neglected my eyebrows for pretty much my entire life but today that all changed! After weeks of apprehension I finally plucked up the courage to get it done. (Excuse the pun.) I think getting them threaded is possibly the best descision I have made all year!!  

I now feel so silly for worrying about getting it done! I'm sure I am not the only one who had visions of the lady taking my entire eyebrow off... 

My Experience:

I got my eyebrows threaded at a brow bar in Debenhams for £7. 
The lady was really friendly and invited me to lye back in a chair (a bit like a dentist.) She then told my that I needed to pull back the skin while she threaded. Personally, I didn't think it hurt at all. :) The feeling is really hard to describe but I would compare it to being scratched. It doesn't hurt as much as waxing. After 5 minutes I was all done! I was left with a little redness but that faded after an hour.


I specifically told her that I didn't want much doing just neatening up. And that is exactly what she did! I kind of like having thick eyebrows opposed to a twig above my eye, so she just took away stray hairs and defined the shape. These pictures don't show much of a difference but there definitely is! - Especially the hairs underneath my eyebrow! Next time I will probably have a little more done, but for a first time I just wanted a shape and to see what it is like, then I can develop from there! I am so happy with the outcome and they look so much better! I just wish I had them done years ago!

TOP TIP: WEAR WATERPROOF MASCARA!!! The combination of threading around my eyelid and me holding back my skin in that area, made my eyes water! As I was holding down my eyelid I completely smudged my mascara and once I was done I had to make a dash for Debenham toilets, which are inconveniently situated on the very top floor!

BEFORE: (nay)

AFTER: (yay)

I am so happy with my experience. I am definitely going to be returning! 

2 comments:

  1. looks great
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eyebrow threading is indeed a good experience! It hurts you at first, but the results are surely worth the pain. Hahaha! Anyway, it’s nice to hear that the lady who did your eyebrows was friendly to you during the procedure to make you feel comfortable. Your eyebrows look amazing, Danielle! It matches the shape of your face well. Thanks for sharing that! Stay gorgeous!

    Glenda Fisher @ Skin Zone

    ReplyDelete