Friday 28 March 2014

Summer Ball Dress Disaster

Can i just open up with saying... this is not an exciting 'wow, look at my dress!' preview, this is a 'look how much of a disaster my dress is' preview. I am literally hammering down on the keyboard as I write.

This time four days ago I was really excited to order and try on what was planned to be my summer ball dress. I had even envisioned replicating the look of Khaleesi from Game of Thrones. However, this was an absolute disaster. When I opened the package from Asos I was really pleased with the colour. I was worried it would be a garish florescent Yellow, but it is actually a pastel lemon colour. It would look so nice with a tan!


Isn't it beautiful! It is £80 and from Jarlo (London). I got it in a size 8. Link

Now, the issue is, it is so looooooong. Taking a guess I would say I am around 5.4". However, I haven't actually measured myself since GCSE science class! 

Dilema 2... Although it comes with a slip underneath, you can see straight through to underwear! 

Problem 3... Major side-boobage. 

Finally,  Despite how gorgeous the back is meant to be, it was really baggy. 

So, this is how it looked...



Overall, this dress was just completely the wrong fit. If i changed it to a size 6, then there is no way my big ass thighs would fit into the dress! This is such a beautiful dress in the pictures on Asos, but on me, it is a definite no no. 

Let the hunt for a new dress begin!

Have a nice day :) 

Danielle ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment